Sunday, November 2, 2008

Last Weekend

This weekend marks my last run of consecutive days off until the end of June. After this, it's just Mondays off for me. Melissa and I were able to get all of our prep work done by Friday, so I decided that we should take the next 3 days off.

I'm trying to make them count. The weather has been absolutely gorgeous (I can't believe it's already November...) and now that I have a little money in my pocket, I'm really stretching my legs and trying to make the most of my last precious moments of free time.

Friday night I found myself alone in the house with all of my theater friends occupied, so I called up Lindsay & Carrie and we had a spooky good time, drinking leftover beer from the White Trash Party and eating giant grilled steak burritos from the Taqueria La Veracruzana.

Yesterday I treated myself to a haircut (some fierce new bangs!) and an evening with my girls Melanie and Amanda. We went to National Mechanics and enjoyed nachos and their featured draft beer, Gritty McDuff's Halloween Ale. Delicious!

Today I have errands to run and a dirty house to clean. Tomorrow I am determined to go on a date with my girlfriend, although apparently our car has been possessed by some sort of electrical poltergeist, so we may have to take a trip to the mechanic's. Sigh. It just never ends, does it?

In the mean time, I am absolutely on pins and needles about the upcoming election. Tuesday is a big day for me-- the start of rehearsals, the election... thank god for Xanax, right?

I'm also hearing more and more about Proposition 8, the proposal in the state of California to amend their constitution in order to ban gay marriage. (Gay marriage is currently legal in California). I urge all Californians to vote NO on Proposition 8. To pass this amendment would be to legalize discrimination. As a gay woman, all I ask of this nation is the same rights as heterosexual women enjoy. I want to be able to marry the woman I love, to have a family with the woman I love. This is about strengthening families and commitments. This is about the freedom to live and love as you chose, a very American concept. This is about equal rights for all races, religions and sexual orientations.

But don't take my word for it, do as Tim Gunn says!


Or listen to Ellen...


Now I'm going to go and enjoy the rest of my Last Weekend.

No comments: