Friday, November 28, 2008

Left Over



We're back in Philly after a crazy, food-filled day yesterday. Hanging with the family and stuffing my face was all kinds of fun, but one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving is chilling in my fridge even now-- the leftovers. In fact, after dropping Deb off at the theater for her matinee I drove home, unpacked the car, walked the dog and then had a quick cold turkey sandwich before I had to run to back to work myself. (Yes, I'm typing from the booth while Madi does some scene work with the actors. I'm an awesome multi-tasker.)

Deb was on leftover duty yesterday, and managed to snag us two complete dinners (turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, squash, green beans, dinner rolls-- all smothered in delicious gravy) plus some extra turkey meat for sandwiches. I'm psyched. Last year we forgot our leftovers in Mom's fridge, which was such a bummer.

I'm totally wiped out. I've had maybe a total of 8 hours of sleep over the past two nights, and I guess I didn't realize how much tech had exhausted me before the holiday. But it was so wonderful to be home, even for a short amount of time. It was great to see the extended family, and Hyde and Molly the dog had tons of fun playing in the snow. I took lots of pictures, which I'll post soon.

Okay, maybe I should go do some actual work now. Pictures to come shortly, after I get through this evening's show and get a good night's sleep.

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

No comments: