Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Sounds of Tuna



Today the cast and crew of A Tuna Christmas took a field trip to a South Philadelphia recording studio to record all of our voice-overs and sound effects.

I missed this last year, as I was in Puerto Rico for Jonathan and Maria's wedding. The studio was super cool-- it was a loft-like apartment that had been modified into a recording studio (complete with a roomy control booth), a living room and a bar. It would be a kick-ass place for a party.

We kind of had a little party today, as we shivered through the cold wet rain and into some hilarity. John and Ben did great with all of the radio voice-overs, and then the rest of us got to join in the fun. We recorded barking dogs (listen for my growling, I modelled it after the sounds Hyde makes these days around pitbulls), humping dogs (that was squirm-inducing and hilarious), sniffing dogs, chickens, UFO sounds, birds in flight, car sounds, cell phone commands... I don't want to give anything away, but man, do you have to see this show. It's going to be hilarious.

After a nice lunch at Royal Tavern, we headed back to the Walnut and finished up our day of rehearsal. I had a lot of fun being silly with the boys, Madi, Melissa and Katie today. I'm looking forward to tech and the run.

And on a totally unrelated note, the dog has discovered the couch and is currently being the most snugly creature I've ever met. It's very cute, although we're working through dominance issues. He has the bad habit of growling like a grumpy old man when I move around too much, and that's just not acceptable to me. Every time he growls, off the couch he goes. But when he's being all cute and cuddly, it's really kind of nice to curl up on the couch with him.


I spent the night on the couch, curled up with my dog and the new issue of Bust. Heaven.

No comments: