Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On warm kitchens and surprising blowhards

I'm not going to post anything lengthy today, because after a big day of costume fun at rehearsal, I came home and cooked, in this order: spaghetti sauce from scratch (including home-made meatballs), chicken & rice for the dog (both just boiled in plain water, no fats, no seasonings), chicken cornbread casserole (for which I cooked the cornbread topping myself)and pumpkin bread pudding (which I just pulled out of the oven and burnt my fingers sampling). I don't mean to brag, but I'm feeling pretty good about myself right now. My back hurts, but we have food for the WEEK!

I'm not going to think about the mountain of dishes I created and am currently ignoring.

Anyway, I just checked out this:


What do you think?

I think he's a bit of a blowhard, like all pundits are, but just as I started to really roll my eyes, he got shockingly sincere. I find his lyricism a bit weird after a while, and what is with all of the camera cuts?

But all in all, I appreciate such a statement. And a such an unlikely advocate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressive statment from him. He said it more eloquently that I ever could. I only hope people listen.
~Gina