Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey Day



This cartoon gets me every time.

Anyway, happy Turkey Day to everyone-- hope you stuff yourself silly with all kinds of good food. Deb and I are headed back to Homer, NY to celebrate with my family, as we've done for the past three years. Hopefully this year we won't end up in the Emergency Room. Deb is under strict instructions to keep her inhaler on her person at all times. Jonathan and Maria will be joining us this year, so with Joseph, Deb and I, Hyde and the two Puerto Ricans it's going to be a full house.

For one night. Naturally Deb has a performance of Hairspray tonight and I have a preview of A Tuna Christmas. In years past we have bravely made the four hour journey after our shows, landing us in Central New York around 3am. With the addition of the dog and the fact that we aren't those crazy spring chickens any more, Deb and I have decided to skip the overnight drive and simply leave early Thursday morning. Very early, because we want to get to Homer in time for my mother's amazing Thanksgiving morning breakfast.

And we get right back on the road early Friday morning, because Deb has a matinee and I have rehearsal. Oh, life in the theater is grand. But apparently there's lots of snow on the ground at home, a colossal home-cooked meal awaiting and the dog will get to meet the rest of the family finally. I just can't wait.

I haven't seen Jonathan and Maria since the wedding, so I'm really looking forward to that as well. I have so much to be thankful for this year-- my wonderful girlfriend, our awesome dog, our supportive and loving group of friends, my incredible and expanding family, my great job... we struggle and complain day to day, but really, life is wonderful.

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: